Common name: African lily, Lily of the Nile.
- Availability: January to December, with different varieties peaking within that period.
- Vase life: Aprox 4-6 days as the flower opens, then a further 7-14 in flower.
- Flower notes: A hugely popular garden flower and a favorite of landscape designers due to its large showy spherical head and upright, leafless stem. Tall stem length.
- Color range: Blue, purple, white.
- Flower trivia: its name comes from ancient Greek and means “love flower”.
Care and Handling:
- Prone to flower drop, to help prevent this, re-cut stems frequently to keep a fresh flow of water to the flower head.
- Never leave out of water as the flower dries out easily.
- Re-cut stems and stand in clean, fresh water with flower food.
- Change water every 2-3 days, re-cutting stems each time.
- Agapanthus has a strong sturdy stem and is equally effective arranged in a vase or in floral foam- if using foam, ensure it is soaked thoroughly before use and is not allowed to dry out.
- Arrange with tall, bold flowers such as gladioulus or lilies.
- Smaller headed Agapanthus are suitable for using in both bridal bouquets and tied posies. Dramatic and eye-catching, larger headed varieties would stand out in arrangements either in vases or in floral foam. Perfect summer wedding flowers.
View our Agapanthus offering here
← Older Post Newer Post →